5 funny laws of France 8/25/2015 • Laslo Bako
There are a lot of weird and strange laws all over the world and France is not an exception. Some of the laws were introduced long time ago and nobody remembers what the reason was.
1. UFO is not allowed to land or take off in Châteauneuf-du-Pape, a wine-producing region. If an unidentified object lands, it will have to be taken to a vehicle impound.
2. Elephants are banned from showing up on public beaches of Granville. Once there was a tent circus with a lot of elephants. Local people were very much afraid of them and officials passed the above-mentioned law. The circus and animals left the city long ago, but the regulation still remains unchanged and sounds strange to modern tourists and locals.
3. It is forbidden to sell dolls with non-human faces in France. French legislators believe such dolls (for example, with alien-like faces) may scare little children and distort their knowledge of the world.
4. Pigs owners must not give their animals the name of "Napoleon" so that they shouldn't offend the great commander. This law was enacted when Napoleon was an emperor of France.
5. People shouldn't kiss at railway stations because it may delay departures.
Now I want to become a florist.
The character of this story has finally found the love of his life at the age of 85...
The number of potentially habitable planets found by earthly astronomers is growing. They vary in size and distance to their stars, and life can theoretically originate on any of them...
If you want to brave it, you'd better not look down.
QuizzClub team thinks that dogs are the most adorable creatures in the world. If you don't agree with us, then you just MUST watch this video!