How can overweight and obesity be prevented? Learn more about this major problem 10/21/2016 • Diane McKenzie
This educational video throws light on a problem which has become a real global epidemic of our time.
- Chronic malnutrition was the norm for most of our history! That's why, in prehistoric times, evolution favored humans who could retain more nutrients by stocking more fat;
- The body fat became problematic only in the 18th century, as the quality of food improved;
- Obesity is most often caused by energy imbalance. This means that our body stores extra calories as fat when the input from calories is greater than the output from physical activity;
- On the average, an adult should be getting at least 2.5 hours of exercise a week to stay healthy;
- Obesity is an escalating global epidemic, which raises the probability of diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure and other diseases;
- People suffer from obesity in both developed and developing countries!
- The more overweight a person is, the harder it is for him or her to climb to recovery.
Find out more with this colorful video:
And what is your opinion? Do you have any specific information to share with us? We are waiting for your comments!
More about health and nutrition on QuizzClub:
- Can a hot drink cool you down faster than a cold one?
- Is coffee really harmful to your health?
- Should we actually drink 2,5 liters of water a day?
- Do you want to live to be 100? These exotic cuisines might help you live longer
SHARE this video so your friends know the truth about obesity!
If we have some health problem, we should listen to our body, because sometimes it may give us a sign of a serious disease. Let's see what health problems our eyes can tell us about.
There are so many professionals who can distinguish individual odors in a fragrance made of hundreds of scents. However, can an ordinary person develop such an ability? Watch the video about three simple steps to a better nose!
The greatest genius of his epoch, Albert Einstein is still famous as one of the most talented scientists of all time. He had a remarkable life, full of amazing events and things besides his famous theory of relativity. Today we want to share the most interesting facts about the most recognizable theoretical physicist in history with you.
Do you like raspberries? Have you ever thought of the ways of keeping them from going moldy so darn fast? Than this video is specially for you.
Technologies keep surprising us! Researchers from Caltech and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign created an amazing example of biomimicry. A Bat bot is a robot that has silicone wings. Changing shape of the wings during flight the robot looks so natural you wouldn't believe it's a bot! Watch this exciting video and see for yourself.