How can overweight and obesity be prevented? Learn more about this major problem 10/21/2016 • Diane McKenzie
This educational video throws light on a problem which has become a real global epidemic of our time.
- Chronic malnutrition was the norm for most of our history! That's why, in prehistoric times, evolution favored humans who could retain more nutrients by stocking more fat;
- The body fat became problematic only in the 18th century, as the quality of food improved;
- Obesity is most often caused by energy imbalance. This means that our body stores extra calories as fat when the input from calories is greater than the output from physical activity;
- On the average, an adult should be getting at least 2.5 hours of exercise a week to stay healthy;
- Obesity is an escalating global epidemic, which raises the probability of diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure and other diseases;
- People suffer from obesity in both developed and developing countries!
- The more overweight a person is, the harder it is for him or her to climb to recovery.
Find out more with this colorful video:
And what is your opinion? Do you have any specific information to share with us? We are waiting for your comments!
More about health and nutrition on QuizzClub:
- Can a hot drink cool you down faster than a cold one?
- Is coffee really harmful to your health?
- Should we actually drink 2,5 liters of water a day?
- Do you want to live to be 100? These exotic cuisines might help you live longer
SHARE this video so your friends know the truth about obesity!
If we have some health problem, we should listen to our body, because sometimes it may give us a sign of a serious disease. Let's see what health problems our eyes can tell us about.
Top 7 common health myths dispelled 12/13/2016 • Rroberts
Almost all of us believe in these myths and live keeping them in mind. Let's dispel the most popular myths once and for all!
If you agree that keeping the environment clean is important, then you'll like the thing that the Italians came up with. They developed a building consisting of eco-friendly materials that can purify the air.
There are so many similar products, but still they have differences. For example, yams and sweet potatoes. Why do we need them both and what is their history? Just watch this exciting video to find out the most interesting things about these tubers!
Beauty of Science project has published a video showing how chocolate dragees M&M'S are dissolved in water in slow motion. The camera with macro effect and 4K resolution gives the impression that a real supernova explodes. It drew attention of publishing company PetaPixel. This is so fantastic!