The incredible supermoon phenomenon in stunning pictures 11/25/2016 • Brian
About once a year, the moon becomes the supermoon, and it looks just awesome. Today we want to share some magnificent supermoon pictures with you.
- On the 14th of November, 2016, we had an opportunity to watch the largest, brightest and most beautiful moon since 1948!
- The term supermoon was first coined by astrologer Richard Nolle in 1979.
- In fact, this phenomenon is just a curious coincidence of a full or new moon with the closest approach made by our natural satellite to the Earth. It results in the biggest size of the moon as seen from the planet.
The supermoon usually catches the world's interest, including amateur and professional photographers from all over the planet. We have chosen the best pictures of the supermoon we saw this year. Their beauty will surprise you. Enjoy!
#1 Peace Monument on the grounds of the United States Capitol
#4 High Sierra, California, USA
#5 Myrtle Beach State Park, South Carolina, USA
#6 Bordeaux, France
#7 Minneapolis, USA
#8 Moscow, Russian Federation
#9 Lisbon, Portugal
#11 Chicago, Illinois
Which one did you like most? Have you ever seen the supermoon? Tell us in the comments below and share your favorite photos with us!
More beautiful stuff on QuizzClub:
- Eerie yet beautiful forests by the photographer Oskar Zapirain
- 14 breathtaking pictures of fog that will bring you a mysterious mood
- 10 most powerful photographs of 2016
SHARE this with someone who LOVES photography!
Owls are beautiful and proud hunters. They are hard to be spotted but one photographer did it! Let's see these fascinating pictures.
Nature wins the battle against civilization: the plants that can grow anywhere 10/25/2016 • Darrell Goolsby
Hope is the most powerful thing in the world, and even plants know that...
All of these photos are beautiful but the video is beyond incredible.
Unbelievable: the same places spotted by an amateur and a professional photographer! 10/20/2016 • vicki
Do you think taking photographs is easy? We'll prove you it's not! Discover the difference between an amateur and a professional who really knows what to do.
Sometimes your eyes deceive you. Can you guess what is pictured in these photos?