Magical Land of the Rising Sun: the most remarkable facts about Japan 9/22/2016 • Jamie Wendel
Everyone knows about blooming sakura, seafood, sumo. Be ready to discover astonishing facts about the Land of the Rising Sun!
Japan is an island country located in East Asia. The land of the Rising Sun is one of the smallest countries in the Asian subcontinent. In the world, it is known for its sushi and flowering cherry trees - sakura. In addition to that, people all over the world know about Japan's high technology and amazing equipment created by the best Japanese engineers. Today we want to share the most interesting facts about Japan you might not have known before.
1. The territory of Japan is at 70% of the mountains. Besides, the number of volcanoes located in Japan is 200.
2. The literacy rate in Japan is almost 100% among residents older than 15 years.
3. The average life expectancy of the Japanese is four years longer than that of the Americans. It is 82.2 years.
4. Japan consists of more than 6,800 islands.
5. In Japan, it is believed that if a man eating noodles chomps loudly, he enjoys eating.
6. Melon is one of the most expensive food in Japan. Its average price is about $ 300 per kilogram.
7. Another interesting fact about Japan is that the capital of the country, Tokyo, is one of the largest fish markets in the world. Daily Japanese fishermen catch more than 2,000 tons of fish.
8. The word geisha means "a person of arts". Many people do not know that the first geisha was a Japanese man.
9. In Japan, about 1,500 earthquakes occur annually.
10. About 50 thousand people, whose age exceeds 100 years, live in the Land of the Rising Sun.
11. Japan has almost no immigrants. Only 2% of the population (of more than 127 million people) are not native Japanese.
12. A large number of Japanese streets do not have names.
13. The Japanese believe that black cats bring good luck. Some people specially get themselves pets of black color.
14. If you get sick with influenza in Japan, you must wear a mask not to infect other people.
15. In this country, when the night comes, any dancing is prohibited.
16. In Japan square watermelons are sold, which, by the way, are very popular among the local population.
17. In Japan sushi is considered street food like hot dogs in the United States.
18. Japan has the world's third-largest economy, following the US and China.
More amazing destinations on QuizzClub:
- Powerful Iceland: the land of volcanos, valleys and geysers
- An amazing time lapse journey to Norway
- Lake Baikal: the most amazing lake on the planet
- Welcome to Lisbon - one of the coolest and most atmospheric cities in Europe
What else do you know about this beautiful country?
Fantastical caves full of magical atmosphere 12/28/2016 • shari
There are so many beautiful places on Earth that have been forming for millions of years but found by people not that long ago. Caves are one of them and they are fantastic. Each of them has its unique little world full of magic...You need to see this!
The most powerful photos of 2016 1/1/2017 • George Hovater
This collection consists of photos that capture the biggest moments in history. To celebrate the outgoing year and remember all good and bad things it brought us, see the most powerful pictures of 2016.
Nature is magical and unpredictable...We gathered the most exciting nature phenomena for you!
Roman Fedortsov works on a trawler and publishes photos of the most unusual fish his fishing net catches on Twitter! Roman has an impressive collection that consists of rather different fish from all over the world.
Unbelievable: snow falls in Sahara for the first time in almost 40 years 12/30/2016 • Johnny Crepaul
Sahara covered with snow is fantastic and there's nothing more to say. You just need to see this!