5 funny laws of France
There are a lot of weird and strange laws all over the world and France is not an exception. Some of the laws were introduced long time ago and nobody remembers what the reason was.
1. UFO is not allowed to land or take off in Châteauneuf-du-Pape, a wine-producing region. If an unidentified object lands, it will have to be taken to a vehicle impound.
2. Elephants are banned from showing up on public beaches of Granville. Once there was a tent circus with a lot of elephants. Local people were very much afraid of them and officials passed the above-mentioned law. The circus and animals left the city long ago, but the regulation still remains unchanged and sounds strange to modern tourists and locals.
3. It is forbidden to sell dolls with non-human faces in France. French legislators believe such dolls (for example, with alien-like faces) may scare little children and distort their knowledge of the world.
4. Pigs owners must not give their animals the name of "Napoleon" so that they shouldn't offend the great commander. This law was enacted when Napoleon was an emperor of France.
5. People shouldn't kiss at railway stations because it may delay departures.
Today almost everyone can travel around the planet. All you have to do is just to buy several airplane tickets, and several days later you can finish your journey exactly where you started. But it's not enough for some people, as they always take the road less traveled...
Do You Remember: 15 everyday items from the past not everyone will identify 10/14/2017 • Barbara Bechard
The world has changed a lot over the years, but the memories remain forever in our hearts. QuizzClub team wants to get nostalgic today and remember some items that used to be a part of lives in the past. Can you recognize all of them?
Top 10 surprising facts about India 9/27/2017 • juliet shaffer
India is a mysterious country of hundreds of languages, delicious exotic food and the most atmospheric railways in the world. Today you can take a closer look at India's rich and fantastic culture together with QuizzClub.
Time flies. The first half of the 21st century is going to end in about 30 years! As it turns out, even now we can predict some important events that are going to happen until 2050... QuizzClub team wants to tell you about the most interesting of them today.