Exercises for eyes that should be done on a daily basis
Our eyes need training, especially if we spend a lot of time sitting at a computer. There are certain exercises that can be done to relax one's eyes and even to improve eyesight.
Here are several useful exercises that should be done on a daily basis. All of them are to be done without glasses and contact lenses.
Exercises to improve motion of blood and intraocular fluid in ones' eyes:
1. Close your eyes for 5 seconds, then open them for 5 seconds. Repeat the exercise 8 times.
2. Close your eyes, then massage your eyelids tenderly (in circular motions) by tips of your forefingers.
3. Hydromassage. After getting up in the morning, wash your eyes with hot water and then with cool. In the evening before going to bed follow the reverse procedure: first wash them with cool water and then with hot.
Exercises to improve accommodation ability of one's eyes:
Accommodation is an important ability of our eyes to adapt to environmental conditions.
4. Stick a small (0.2 in) colorful mark to a window at the level of your eyes. Standing 1 ft away from the mark choose any object outside the window (it may a tree, a car etc). First look at the mark on the window for 2 seconds, then focus on the chosen object outside also for 2 seconds. Repeat the task 10 times at least.
Exercises for relaxation:
5. Close your eyes for several seconds and imagine something nice and pleasant. If you rub your palms and then close your eyes with the warm palms folding your fingers, the effect will be enhanced.
Exercises to strengthen eyes' muscles:
6. Look up and down with the maximum amplitude.
7. Make circular motions with your eyes first clockwise and then anticlockwise.
8. Draw imaginary lines and figures with your eyes – diagonal lines, squares, lozenges, vertical and horizontal arcs.
9. Draw imaginary letter "S" first horizontally and then vertically.
10. Put a forefinger on your nose and try to look at it with both eyes simultaneously.
11. Wink as fast as you can for several seconds.
Who is Bloody Mary? 10/31/2017 • Fredy
Have you heard about a cocktail called Bloody Mary? The name is taken from urban legends: some people perform special rituals to meet Bloody Mary. Who is it all about? Let's learn together with QuizzClub team!
Time flies. The first half of the 21st century is going to end in about 30 years! As it turns out, even now we can predict some important events that are going to happen until 2050... QuizzClub team wants to tell you about the most interesting of them today.
Most of us got used to celebrating Thanksgiving day. Do we know everything about the tradition of the Turkey pardon? QuizzClub team prepared some interesting facts and statistics especially for you!
These photos of grandparents meeting their grandchildren for the first time will melt your heart 11/20/2017 • Cynthia Walter
We believe that the warmth of a grandparent's heart is one of the most magical things on Earth. Look at these touching photos of grandparents meeting their grandchildren for the first time - they will definitely make you a little bit happier today.
The Simpsons is an iconic cartoon that has been popular for decades now. As it turns out, the authors of the famous TV series are true fortune tellers. QuizzClub team was surprised to find out about 7 amazing times The Simpsons closely predicted some political, social and cultural events. The list below will blow your mind!