The incredible supermoon phenomenon in stunning pictures
About once a year, the moon becomes the supermoon, and it looks just awesome. Today we want to share some magnificent supermoon pictures with you.
- On the 14th of November, 2016, we had an opportunity to watch the largest, brightest and most beautiful moon since 1948!
- The term supermoon was first coined by astrologer Richard Nolle in 1979.
- In fact, this phenomenon is just a curious coincidence of a full or new moon with the closest approach made by our natural satellite to the Earth. It results in the biggest size of the moon as seen from the planet.
The supermoon usually catches the world's interest, including amateur and professional photographers from all over the planet. We have chosen the best pictures of the supermoon we saw this year. Their beauty will surprise you. Enjoy!
#1 Peace Monument on the grounds of the United States Capitol
#4 High Sierra, California, USA
#5 Myrtle Beach State Park, South Carolina, USA
#6 Bordeaux, France
#7 Minneapolis, USA
#8 Moscow, Russian Federation
#9 Lisbon, Portugal
#11 Chicago, Illinois
Which one did you like most? Have you ever seen the supermoon? Tell us in the comments below and share your favorite photos with us!
More beautiful stuff on QuizzClub:
- Eerie yet beautiful forests by the photographer Oskar Zapirain
- 14 breathtaking pictures of fog that will bring you a mysterious mood
- 10 most powerful photographs of 2016
SHARE this with someone who LOVES photography!
Strangers or friends? These amazing and rare historical pictures will show you famous people from the different side. Enjoy!
What do you think about rats? These beautiful pictures will make you fall in love with these cute creatures. Watch and enjoy.
QuizzClub team gathered the most exciting collection of pictures that capture animals in a long journey! You can't miss it!
Have you ever dreamed of becoming a part of a fairy-tale? This photographer will undoubtedly make your dreams come true. Just look at her pictures!
The world under the microscope seems magical. We bet you won't recognize these objects you see every day at once. Watch and enjoy!