Magical Land of the Rising Sun: the most remarkable facts about Japan
Everyone knows about blooming sakura, seafood, sumo. Be ready to discover astonishing facts about the Land of the Rising Sun!
Japan is an island country located in East Asia. The land of the Rising Sun is one of the smallest countries in the Asian subcontinent. In the world, it is known for its sushi and flowering cherry trees - sakura. In addition to that, people all over the world know about Japan's high technology and amazing equipment created by the best Japanese engineers. Today we want to share the most interesting facts about Japan you might not have known before.
1. The territory of Japan is at 70% of the mountains. Besides, the number of volcanoes located in Japan is 200.
2. The literacy rate in Japan is almost 100% among residents older than 15 years.
3. The average life expectancy of the Japanese is four years longer than that of the Americans. It is 82.2 years.
4. Japan consists of more than 6,800 islands.
5. In Japan, it is believed that if a man eating noodles chomps loudly, he enjoys eating.
6. Melon is one of the most expensive food in Japan. Its average price is about $ 300 per kilogram.
7. Another interesting fact about Japan is that the capital of the country, Tokyo, is one of the largest fish markets in the world. Daily Japanese fishermen catch more than 2,000 tons of fish.
8. The word geisha means "a person of arts". Many people do not know that the first geisha was a Japanese man.
9. In Japan, about 1,500 earthquakes occur annually.
10. About 50 thousand people, whose age exceeds 100 years, live in the Land of the Rising Sun.
11. Japan has almost no immigrants. Only 2% of the population (of more than 127 million people) are not native Japanese.
12. A large number of Japanese streets do not have names.
13. The Japanese believe that black cats bring good luck. Some people specially get themselves pets of black color.
14. If you get sick with influenza in Japan, you must wear a mask not to infect other people.
15. In this country, when the night comes, any dancing is prohibited.
16. In Japan square watermelons are sold, which, by the way, are very popular among the local population.
17. In Japan sushi is considered street food like hot dogs in the United States.
18. Japan has the world's third-largest economy, following the US and China.
More amazing destinations on QuizzClub:
- Powerful Iceland: the land of volcanos, valleys and geysers
- An amazing time lapse journey to Norway
- Lake Baikal: the most amazing lake on the planet
- Welcome to Lisbon - one of the coolest and most atmospheric cities in Europe
What else do you know about this beautiful country?
You just need to see it. These people wanted to pay tribute to Japanese culture and history by growing large illustrations right on the rice fields - and that's how the village of Inakadate became famous worldwide!
Today almost everyone can travel around the planet. All you have to do is just to buy several airplane tickets, and several days later you can finish your journey exactly where you started. But it's not enough for some people, as they always take the road less traveled...
Top 10 surprising facts about India 9/27/2017 • juliet shaffer
India is a mysterious country of hundreds of languages, delicious exotic food and the most atmospheric railways in the world. Today you can take a closer look at India's rich and fantastic culture together with QuizzClub.
Do you know that some facts about the foods we consume every day can still shock you? Today QuizzClub team wants to surprise you by sharing 10 of them!
Traditionally, the process of cooking is associated with slow motions and calm atmosphere. Quizzclub team was very surprised to find an aggressive way of making desserts.
The video is enclosed - come and see!