Magical Land of the Rising Sun: the most remarkable facts about Japan
Everyone knows about blooming sakura, seafood, sumo. Be ready to discover astonishing facts about the Land of the Rising Sun!
Japan is an island country located in East Asia. The land of the Rising Sun is one of the smallest countries in the Asian subcontinent. In the world, it is known for its sushi and flowering cherry trees - sakura. In addition to that, people all over the world know about Japan's high technology and amazing equipment created by the best Japanese engineers. Today we want to share the most interesting facts about Japan you might not have known before.
1. The territory of Japan is at 70% of the mountains. Besides, the number of volcanoes located in Japan is 200.
2. The literacy rate in Japan is almost 100% among residents older than 15 years.
3. The average life expectancy of the Japanese is four years longer than that of the Americans. It is 82.2 years.
4. Japan consists of more than 6,800 islands.
5. In Japan, it is believed that if a man eating noodles chomps loudly, he enjoys eating.
6. Melon is one of the most expensive food in Japan. Its average price is about $ 300 per kilogram.
7. Another interesting fact about Japan is that the capital of the country, Tokyo, is one of the largest fish markets in the world. Daily Japanese fishermen catch more than 2,000 tons of fish.
8. The word geisha means "a person of arts". Many people do not know that the first geisha was a Japanese man.
9. In Japan, about 1,500 earthquakes occur annually.
10. About 50 thousand people, whose age exceeds 100 years, live in the Land of the Rising Sun.
11. Japan has almost no immigrants. Only 2% of the population (of more than 127 million people) are not native Japanese.
12. A large number of Japanese streets do not have names.
13. The Japanese believe that black cats bring good luck. Some people specially get themselves pets of black color.
14. If you get sick with influenza in Japan, you must wear a mask not to infect other people.
15. In this country, when the night comes, any dancing is prohibited.
16. In Japan square watermelons are sold, which, by the way, are very popular among the local population.
17. In Japan sushi is considered street food like hot dogs in the United States.
18. Japan has the world's third-largest economy, following the US and China.
More amazing destinations on QuizzClub:
- Powerful Iceland: the land of volcanos, valleys and geysers
- An amazing time lapse journey to Norway
- Lake Baikal: the most amazing lake on the planet
- Welcome to Lisbon - one of the coolest and most atmospheric cities in Europe
What else do you know about this beautiful country?
Do you want to see the Past and Present in one picture? Let's go!
These sacred places are the most beautiful of all and we want to share them with you. We promise you will fall in love with them!
We gathered unbelievably amazing and marvelous monasteries that will take your breath away. You can't miss it!
Spring is a magical time of the year when Mother nature wakes up from a dream and starts to shine! We bet you are pretty curious about how nature comes to life all over the globe.
Have you ever dreamed of staying absolutely alone for a couple of hours or days in a calm cozy place? Such land exists on our Earth!