How many men did Elizabeth Taylor marry?
Elizabeth Taylor was, with no doubt, a woman of abundance. She was endowed with outsized beauty, outsized fame and outsized appetites. Though Elizabeth was a brilliant actress, business-minded and intelligent woman, her genius was frequently outshone by her antics. Over the years, she would become as famous (if not more) for her love life as for her acting.
Here's a look back at her many marriages:
- 1. Conrad "Nicky" Hilton: May 1950 - Feb. 1951
- 2. Michael Wilding: February 1952 - January 1957 (they had two sons)
- 3. Michael Todd: February 1957 - March 1958 (they had one daughter, Liza)
- 4. Eddie Fisher: May 1959 - March 1964
- 5. Richard Burton: March 1964 - June 1974
- and 6. Richard Burton: Oct 1975 - Aug 1976 (they adopted Maria Burton, a German orphan. Richard adopted Liza as well)
- 7. John Warner: December 1976 - November 1982
- 8. Larry Fortensky: Oct. 1991 - Oct. 1996