The division of Charlemagne's empire in 887 resulted in how many Kings?
Charlemagne's empire was divided into 5 parts with each making a King of the regions. They were:
1. King Arnulf maintained Carinthia, Bavaria, Lorraine and modern Germany
2. Count Odo of Paris was elected King of Western Francia (France)
3. Ranulf II became King of Aquitaine,
4. Italy went to Count Berengar of Friuli, Upper Burgundy to Rudolph I
5. Lower Burgundy to Louis the Blind, the son of Boso of Arles, King of Lower Burgundy and maternal grandson of Emperor Louis II. The other part of Lotharingia became the duchy of Burgundy.