What is the original name of The Automotive Hall of Fame?
The Automotive Hall of Fame is a museum which includes persons who had a significant impact on the history of automobiles.
- 1939: The Automobile Old Timers organization is launched in October at the Lexington Hotel in Manhattan with the mission to perpetuate the memories of the early auto pioneers.
- 1957: Automobile Old Timers becomes the “Automotive” Old Timers".
- 1960: AOT moves their national headquarters to the NADA Building in Washington, D.C.
- 1971: AOT reorganizes, changing their name to “Automotive Organization Team”.
- 1982: The Automotive Organization Team was renamed the Automotive Hall of Fame to fit the institutional mission.