Dramatic way of making the Japanese dessert "mochi"
Traditionally, the process of cooking is associated with slow motions and calm atmosphere. Quizzclub team was very surprised to find an aggressive way of making desserts.
The video is enclosed - come and see!
Mochi is a Japanese rice cake made of sticky rice dough. The process of making Mochi is called Mochitsuki:
1. The sticky rice is steamed or steeped for a night.
2. Then the rice is pounded for sometime by a wooden hammer. At least two men are needed for this: the second one waters the dough and mixes it with hands.
3. Finally, the dough becomes chewy and ready to be shaped as a cake.
How do you find this article? Do you know any other aggressive ways of making food? Tell us what you think!
More awesome stuff on QuizzClub.com:
- 10 surprising, shocking and little-known facts about well-known food
- 5 astonishing stories about people who have traveled around the globe
- Top 10 surprising facts about India
This article made us wanna try Japanese food! Share if you have the same feeling!
Here you can see 10 magnificent works of the blind artist. Guaranteed: you won't stay indifferent.
In this article you can find bright life-lessons based on Confucius' philosophy that help people live a happier life.
Below are several methods of treatment from different countries. It's up for you to judge how other cultures fight running nose and sore throat.
There are literary works that are quick and easy to read, but still leave a deep impact. They don't need to be compared to "War and Peace" - their beauty is in brevity.
This world is flushing our brain with tons of junk information daily and sometimes you just want to get away from everything, take a full breath and rest your eyes on something calm, causing no irritation and discomfort.