What are some of the awesome facts you believe very few people know?
- The longest time between two twins being born .
- The world's deepest postbox is . It's 10 metres underwater.
- In 2007, an American man named Corey Taylor tried to in order to get out of his cell phone contract without paying a fee. It didn't work.
- The oldest condoms ever found date back to the 1640s (they were found in a cesspit at Dudley Castle), and were .
- In 1923, jockey Frank Hayes won a race at Belmont Park in New York — he suffered a heart attack mid-race, but his body stayed in the saddle until his horse crossed the line for a 20–1 outsider victory.
- Everyone has a , just like fingerprints.
- Most Muppets are left-handed. (Because , so they operate the head with their favoured hand.)
- It costs the U.S. Mint almost twice as much to mint each penny and nickel as the coins are actually worth. Taxpayers just through the coins being made.
- Light doesn't necessarily travel at the speed of light. The slowest we've ever recorded light moving at .
- Casu marzu is a Sardinian cheese that . The maggots can jump up to five inches out of cheese while you're eating it, so it's a good idea to shield it with your hand to stop them jumping into your eyes.
- The loneliest creature on Earth is a whale who has been calling out for a mate for over two decades — but whose high-pitched voice is so different to other whales that .
- The spikes on the end of a stegosaurus' tail are as the "thagomizer" — a term coined by cartoonist Gary Larson .
- During World War II, the crew of the British submarine HMS Trident kept a aboard their vessel for six weeks (it was a gift from the Russians).
- The northern leopard frog swallows its prey — it uses them to help push food down its throat by retracting them into its head.
- The first man to urinate on the moon was Buzz Aldrin, the lunar surface.
- Some fruit flies are genetically resistant to getting drunk — but only if they have an inactive version of a gene .
- In 1567, the man said to have the longest beard in the world died after he .
- The Dance Fever of 1518 was a month-long plague of , in which hundreds of people danced for about a month for no apparent reason. Several of them danced themselves to death.
- Vladimir Nabokov .
- In 1993, San Francisco over whether a police officer called Bob Geary was allowed to patrol while carrying a ventriloquist's dummy called Brendan O'Smarty. He was.
- Sigurd the Mighty, a ninth-century Norse earl of Orkney, was killed by an enemy he had beheaded several hours earlier. He'd tied the man's head to his horse's saddle, but while riding home one of its protruding teeth . He died from the infection.
- The Dutch village of Giethoorn ; its buildings are connected entirely by canals and footbridges.
- A family of lived in Kentucky for many generations. The Fulgates of Troublesome Creek are thought to have gained their blue skin through combination of inbreeding and a rare genetic condition known as methemoglobinemia.
- Powerful earthquakes can , by moving the spin of the Earth's axis. The 2011 Japan earthquake knocked 1.8 microseconds off our days. The 2004 Sumatra quake cost us around 6.8 microseconds.
- The first American film to being flushed on screen was Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho.
- Melting glaciers and icebergs make a known .
- There is a glacier called "Blood Falls" in Antarctica that regularly pours out red liquid, making it look like the ice is bleeding. (It's .)
- In 2008 scientists discovered a new species of bacteria that .
- The top of the Eiffel Tower , as the metal facing the sun heats up and expands. It can move as much as 7 inches
This information was taken from Quora. Click here to view the original post.
Was any of these facts new to you? Which one seems the most surprising?
Get ready for a set of big surprises, as you definitely never expected these 8 facts to be true...
Here are nine crazy moments shot on camera by internet users :)
Being able to identify perilous plants can save you a lot of hassle. Here are 5 plants you should steer clear of.
In today’s post, we would be sharing these seven photos that show life from another perspective.