What are some mind blowing facts about lions?
- Lions are not the kings of the jungle. They are kings of the savannah.
- The only lions to still live in forests are the last Asiatic lions, a subspecies of the African lion, who inhabit the Gir Forest of Gujarat.
- Lionesses generally prefer males with darker manes.
- Young males recently exiled from their pride may group together and create a cohort. Usually cohorts consist of brothers or cousins and the bonds within them are incredibly strong.
- Certain prides specialize hunting one species, even elephant and giraffe.
- Males may have multiple prides and travel between them.
- Lions once inhabited much more of the world, living in all kinds of ecosystems including Australia and Canada.
- The Barbary and cape lions are two extinct subspecies.
- Mountain lions are more closely related to house cats than to African lions.
- In 2014 it was estimated that wild African lions may be extinct by 2050. Lions are extinct in 26 African countries. Populations once surpassed 200,000 but now barely make 20,000.
This information was taken from Quora. Click here to view the original post.
Which facts seemed the most surprising to you?
Being able to identify perilous plants can save you a lot of hassle. Here are 5 plants you should steer clear of.
Here are nine crazy moments shot on camera by internet users :)
These ten photos and videos we would be sharing are meant to impress you.
5 fascinating kangaroo facts 8/10/2021
Here are five cool facts about these amazing creatures!