How can overweight and obesity be prevented? Learn more about this major problem
This educational video throws light on a problem which has become a real global epidemic of our time.
- Chronic malnutrition was the norm for most of our history! That's why, in prehistoric times, evolution favored humans who could retain more nutrients by stocking more fat;
- The body fat became problematic only in the 18th century, as the quality of food improved;
- Obesity is most often caused by energy imbalance. This means that our body stores extra calories as fat when the input from calories is greater than the output from physical activity;
- On the average, an adult should be getting at least 2.5 hours of exercise a week to stay healthy;
- Obesity is an escalating global epidemic, which raises the probability of diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure and other diseases;
- People suffer from obesity in both developed and developing countries!
- The more overweight a person is, the harder it is for him or her to climb to recovery.
Find out more with this colorful video:
And what is your opinion? Do you have any specific information to share with us? We are waiting for your comments!
More about health and nutrition on QuizzClub:
- Can a hot drink cool you down faster than a cold one?
- Is coffee really harmful to your health?
- Should we actually drink 2,5 liters of water a day?
- Do you want to live to be 100? These exotic cuisines might help you live longer
SHARE this video so your friends know the truth about obesity!
Recent studies in genetics revealed interesting facts. Here are the things that can be inherited:
Look at this compilation of facts that are hard to believe the first time you find out about them. You will definitely be surprised!
Find out about the most recent discoveries in astronomy that drew scientists closer to resolving the riddles of the Universe.
Let's get to know the brightest discoveries of the recent years in the field of brain study. They will definitely surprise you.
Everyone is aware of the negative influence of such bad habits like eating fast food or smoking. But what if some popular everyday rituals are also quite harmful? As it turns out, these 10 widespread habits can negatively affect your life. Take a look and consider quitting some of them!