Absolutely touching – 11 stories about random acts of kindness by complete strangers
Even a complete stranger can brighten up one's day – and these people's stories will prove it. Read on to get inspired!
We all have beautiful and inspiring stories to tell, and it's marvelous if there is somebody to listen to them. Thanks to the internet, anyone can be heard today. When a reddit user naturalenergybyproxy asked: "What is the nicest thing a stranger has done for you?", the answers came quickly. Most of them turned out to be completely unexpected and jaw-dropping. Some of these stories are funny, while others are about saving one's life...
Here are the best stories:
- "Was out clubbing and dropped my house keys. Next day, get a letter in my mailbox with a guys phone number. I text him, turns out he found my keys in the club, recognized the building they belong to (student housing), came to the building and tried the keys on every single mailbox until he found the right one. Then gave them back to me. Nicest guy ever, glad he didn't rob me instead. Edit: Everyone's wondering how I opened the mail box without the key. I had roommates and they saved me countless times." - the_nils
- "My son was probably 2 or 3 and we went to the mall for some reason. My son liked looking at displays and stuff. Well there was a model train set in a case that you could put a $1 in and watch them go around for a while. I was pretty broke If I recall and never had cash on me regardless. He was content just looking at the display. A group of loud mall teens come through and go past. One of them comes back and puts a dollar in the machine and says "I always liked watching trains too" then hurries off back to his friends. My son lit up. I never would have expected that action from a stranger, let alone a teen with his friends in a mall." - ess0ess
- "I was once feeling really down cause of school and just life in general. I stopped at a convenience store on the way home to pick up a bit of chocolate to make myself feel better. The guy at the register must have noticed how miserable I was looking, because he let me have the chocolate bar for free. It was a really simple act of kindness, but it almost made me tear up in that convenience store and instantly improved a shitty day." - angry__donkeys
- "Here in upstate NY we just got a foot of snow Saturday. Came out to snowblow my driveway to my driveway already having been plowed. It's a very long driveway. Anyways whoever did it didn't leave a note or anything, no idea who did it. Thanks stranger." - cactusbanger
- "I was struggling to carry all my books after I got off the bus and they didn't fit in my bag since I already had four other textbooks in my bag and I couldn't get on my bike so a lady ran out of her house and gave me a bag and I almost cried because that was the nicest thing a stranger has done for me." - deleted user
- "In Paris, the Metro is not wheelchair-friendly. We got stuck once because the accessible station was closed and we were diverted elsewhere. Two guys walked up, picked up my MIL in her chair, carried her up a flight, through the turnstile, and down a flight to the platform. Quick as you please, and they wanted nothing more than thanks. I don’t think they even knew each other." - LowerSeaworthiness
- "When I was around 8, I was crossing a street without much looking. As soon as I started crossing, a stranger pulled me back by my shirt. Of course, a car flew by the same moment. Thank you, stranger." - jkovvv
- "I spent some time helping a customer that my co-workers seemed annoyed with/couldn't be bothered with because she had so many questions. The lady left and about 30 minutes later she flagged me down in the parking lot as I was going out to break. I went to her car and she thanked me and handed me a bouquet of flowers she'd just gone and bought for me. Very sweet and very unexpected." - dasistverboten
- "I bought my condo at 27 from a guy I’ve never met. There were a lot of offers way over asking price in a competitive market, but I offered what I could. I had lost out on many places before over months of searching, being outbid by ridiculous cash offers I had no chance of beating. I fell in love with this neighborhood and made two other failed offers here earlier, so I wrote him a letter just telling my story, how hard I’d tried to save everything I could to buy my first place and make a home and start really establishing myself. He ended up taking my offer over much higher bids because he bought this place decades ago when he was a struggling 27 year old trying to establish himself and my letter resonated with him. He probably could have made another $40k, but he wanted to give me the opportunity he had. I’m forever grateful." - HorseMeatSandwich
- "My keys dropped out of my pocket on a bus stop and realized only 10-15mins after I boarded the bus. Alighted and took a bus back and found it covertly placed on a ledge right next to where I seated." - JPJP_
- "Thanksgiving day, 2003. I was driving down to my parents on Long Island from Buffalo, a 7-8 hour drive. As I'm about halfway, I get a blowout. The tire is just shredded. I managed to get the donut on and slowly got into the next town. (Most of New York state is just... farms and nothing.) I stopped at every store that would conceivably have a tire, but nothing was open. I stopped at a police station, they told me to get a hotel until tomorrow. So I hop back into my car and try to make it to the next town, try there. That's when my donut went flat. So I get out and start walking. It is 2003, I don't have a cell phone, so I knock on the first house I can find, hoping they'd let me use their phone so I can call my parents. The lady who answered the door invited me in, let me use her phone, offered me food and then, to my complete shock, called her friend who owned a used car dealership, had them tow my car to the dealership and put on a new tire, free of charge. I went from completely missing Thanksgiving and having to spend the night in some shitty hotel outside Binghamton to being back on my way within 2 hours. I'll never forget that lady." - Words-Words-Words
Which story did you like the most?
Tell us your stories about RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS in the comments below!
SHARE this article with your friends to inspire them :)
Some ordinary objects we often see and use made surprising journeys before becoming what we're used to today. Find out what pillows, t-shirts, Play-Doh and other popular things were originally invented for.
Their movies changed the life of an entire generation. They made us laugh, cry, and everything in between. Legendary actors from the Golden Age of Hollywood made history, and here are some of their most brilliant quotes.
5 weird sports you've never heard of
Whether you are into sports or not, you will be surprised to find out about the existence of some unusual sport games popular in different parts of the world.
Unique buildings you would love to see in Europe
European architecture impresses with its diversity and magnificence. No matter which country you are visiting you are sure to discover a lot of striking modern buildings. A picture is worth a thousand words, so let's take a look at some amazing buildings.
7 perfect places to get inspired in the U.S.
National parks are perfect to explore the diversity of animals and plants. It is a scientific fact that spending time in nature helps to relax and reduce stress. Fantastic landscapes serve as a source of inspiration for lots of people. Let's take a look at some photos of perfect landscapes that nature' has drawn.