What are some remarkable facts about Switzerland?
We all know that Switzerland is one of the most rich countries in the world. However, there are some things you might have never heard about it before.
- Almost half of marriages in Switzerland end in divorce.
- In case of a nuclear war, Switzerland has enough bunkers to house its entire population.
- To apply for Swiss citizenship, you have to live in Switzerland for at least 12 years.
- Switzerland produces the most chocolate in the world.
- Switzerland was originally called Helvetia.
- Swiss chocolate makers Henri ‘Nestle’ and ‘Daniel Peter’ invented milk chocolate.
- Teaching in Switzerland is one of the uppermost paid professions.
- Most of the world’s luxury watches are produced in Switzerland like Tissot, TAG Heuer, Rolex and Patek Philippe.
- Snowboarding, skiing, and mountaineering are popular sports in Switzerland.
- Assisted suicide in Switzerland is legal.
- Nescafe, the world’s first instant coffee, was invented in Switzerland.
- In Switzerland, bank tellers are secured by bulletproof glass.
- Switzerland is the only country to build an airplane that is powered by solar energy.
- There are 208 mountains over 3,000 m high.
- The Rolex company invented the first waterproof watch in Switzerland in 1927.
This information was taken from Quora. Click here to view the original post.
Which of the facts suggested seemed the most surprising to you?
This post is about a really cute cat that had no idea how popular he was going to get after getting his new home.
Get ready for a set of big surprises, as you definitely never expected these 8 facts to be true...
7 things people never expected to see
These pictures of unusual objects people stumbled upon and had a chance to take a picture of will absolutely blow your mind!
In today’s post, we would be sharing these seven photos that show life from another perspective.