Why don’t planes fly over Tibet?
Because people will die.
That’s the logical answer.
But here is the…
…Definitive List of Reasons Why Airplanes Don’t Fly Over Tibet (or other mountain ranges higher than 20,000 feet above mean sea level).
- The mountains in Tibet are very tall. Mt. Everest is at the border between Nepal and Tibet. There are many mountains over 20,000 feet above mean sea level. Though most commercial aircraft can fly higher than the mountains, there’s still a chance you can…crash into the mountains.
- It’s a terrible place to be if you need to make an emergency landing. You’ll crash into the mountains.
- If a plane loses cabin pressure, general procedure is to descend to an altitude with breathable oxygen. If this happened over Tibet, there’s a good chance you’ll crash into the mountains.
- If you lose an engine, most call for a descent to approximately 20,000 feet. At this elevation you’ll crash into the mountains.
- There’s not a ton of major travel hubs in or around the Tibetan plateau. Therefore, there’s not a huge need to fly over Tibet. So airlines don’t do it. They don’t crash into the mountains.
- Clear air turbulence. There’s a higher probability of clear air turbulence caused by the Himalayas. Which can cause you to crash into the mountains.
This information was taken from Quora. Click here to view the original post.
Did you know that planes never fly over Tibet?
5 things you need to know about auroras 5/21/2020
These colorful beams appearing in the night sky in some regions of Earth have always amazed people. While many legends and tales surround this magnificent phenomenon, there are some scientific facts about auroras everyone needs to know.
Why is yawning contagious? Why do we cry? Why do we laugh? It's amazing how much we still don't know about ourselves – let's try to find the answers to these and other questions together.
Our body and gestures speak louder than words! Discover what the most common body language signs mean.
These tiny snow crystals are thought to be one of the finest and most beautiful creations of nature. Whether you like winter and snow or not, these 6 amazing snowflake facts might surprise you.
Playboy magazine is a legend. It helped bring in the sexual revolution of 1960s. The magazine has become an established institution that all erotic publicly aspire to emulate. Let’s get ourselves into the history of Playboy and Hugh Hefner, the founder.