15 hilarious things people actually believed as kids
Using their powerful imagination, kids can come up with the funniest explanations of the most boring things and events. This list of things people believed as children will definitely put a smile on your face and make you remember your childhood.
The members of the AskReddit community shared the most laughable things they thought were true when they were kids. Here are the best of them:
- When I was a pre-schooler, my mom told me that you weren't allowed to ride a motorcycle or get tattoos unless your mother was dead. One day, outside the grocery store I saw a big, tough looking dude covered in tats, straddling the loudest motorcycle ever. I went up to him and ask, "Hey. Is your mom dead?" Dude looked at me and said, "Yeah." And I was shocked that my mom was right. – suture224
- When I was a kid, my mom explained to me that we all had belly buttons because that’s how our moms fed us before we were born. So I thought when you got pregnant, your belly button opened up and you just put whatever you wanted to down there. Like I thought women were just shoving chicken legs in their belly buttons. Plot twist: I’m a Postpartum nurse now. – snarkyrn15
- My brother had me convinced for a while that each person had to have a unique favorite color, and since his was blue, I had to change mine. On my first day of kindergarten, we had to introduce ourselves and say our favorite color. I was super stressed out because the kids in front of me picked the 'good' colors, and I kinda panicked and told everyone my favorite color was gray. – pyrotech33
- That actors/tv characters would have to come back into a studio for each rerun of a show/movie. I would always be so amazed that people would have the time to go into a room with a camera multiple times a day just so I could watch them do the same thing over and over again. – DaKing4001
- When I was about 4, my older sister told me that since the population of Japan was so high, Japanese people slept sideways on their beds so they could fit more people on every bed. I believed it until I went to a sleepover at 13 and suggested that we sleep “Japanese-style” on the bed so everyone could fit. – Amachholz
- I didnt know cars have a turn signal lever, so I thought the car knew where we were going. I thought the car would use the arrows to tell my parents where to turn. – LadyLuxlord
- I used to think every car had their own radio station and that the people talking on the radio were just talking for our car, it made me feel really special. – your-turn
- My brother and I wrote letters to Santa and our Dad would open up the coal furnace door and we would throw them in the fire. We belived they would go directly to the North Pole. – TrainMouse1949
- I fully thought that all dogs are male and all cats are female. – mintjulep30
- I thought that drinking and driving meant any drink. – StarLordFloofer
- Escalator stairs were one time use and just kinda piled up under the floor. – stupidlyugly
- That we had to change our names during different stages of our lives, like we have a toddler's name, a teenager's name and an adult's name. – Chogisoo
- Not me but my brother was convinced for a few weeks that some cows had longer legs on one side of their body so they could stand on hills. – pdxblazer
- Before color was invented, the whole world was in black and white, not just TVs. – idiot_toaster
- That adults knew what they were doing. – scrmlck
Did any of these make you laugh? Do you personally remember any hilarious things you believed as a kid?
Let's have more fun together:
SHARE this article with your friends to make them smile :)
8 iconic trends from the 60s with insane origins
We all know about the most popular 1960s fads such as mood rings, bell-bottom jeans and tie dye clothing. However, the 1960s was a rich decade that had a lot more fads beneath the surface. I gathered the most curious and even dangerous trends that were popular in the 60s.
5 LIES School Taught You! 10/13/2020
When I was in school, there were a lot of things that my teachers told me not to do that research has since shown to be actually beneficial for students. Read the article if you’ve noticed some drawbacks in schooling as well!
7 strangest coincidences in history
Sometimes in life, weird things happen. I’ve picked some of the insanely bizarre coincidences that have gone down in the past. Interested? Read the article!
7 weirdest habits most people have
Don't say you don't have any weird habits. Actually we are so used to them that don't even notice. Read this article and you'll understand what I mean.
5 weirdest museums in the world
When you think of a museum you probably think of natural history, dinosaur fossils, classic paintings and sculptures. But the world is a big place and there is a lot of bizarre stuff to show. So let’s talk about it!