What is the cringiest name you have seen/heard given to a child?
After over a decade in public school classrooms, do I have a few for you. Here, in no particular order, are the ones I will never, ever forget.
- Gina. Should be easy right? (Gee-na). Nope. Its pronounced Jai-na, as in the last two syllables of some lady bits.
- La-a. (Laaaaa? you wonder…) Nope. La-dash-a. I always thought that this was a unique one I would never see again, but it turns out a doctor from Florida who responded to this post had a patient by the same name.
- Dae 1 (The 1 was a superscript, like an exponent in a math equation). Yep. Day One.
- Rainy Dae. Oh, and she later had a daughter she named Autumn. Autumn Dae.
- Swinkels. (Swin-Kells) When you’re a young man from a rough neighborhood, you have a lot stacked against you already. A name like that certainly doesn’t help. This kid ended up in jail for murder.
6. A pregnant 16 year old student who decided to name her son Dasani, because “it was unique and I craved it my whole pregnancy”.
Then there are the parents who LOOOOOVE a traditional name, but want to be ‘unique’ in the way they spell it. Here are some other, should be easy to spell but aren’t, names that I have seen over the years.
Megan - Mayghenne, Meaghiene
Brian - Bayrayan, Brienne (A young lady and yes, pronounced Brian and not Brianne)
Sara - In every possible combination you can think of.
Michael - Mykil, Mhykell, Mychael
There are a million more, but these are the best of the best.
This information was taken from Quora. Click here to view the original post.
Do you have any examples of weird names given to children?
Get ready for a set of big surprises, as you definitely never expected these 8 facts to be true...
In today’s post, we would be sharing these seven photos that show life from another perspective.
7 things people never expected to see
These pictures of unusual objects people stumbled upon and had a chance to take a picture of will absolutely blow your mind!
Here are pieces of Buddhist philosophy that will help you to look inside and discover the truth about yourself.