10 interesting facts about teeth
What do we know about teeth? Here is the information for you! Check it out!
1. Adamantine substance of tooth is the firmest material in our body.
2. The most expensive tooth was sold for 4650 dollars, the buyer put it into the ring in 1727. The tooth had belonged to Isaac Newton.
3. Some people in ancient Rome used urine to whiten teeth. Thanks God we have toothpaste!
4. The first tooth brushed were sticks with feased ends.
5. The first tooth paste produced in a tube was Dr. Shefield’s Creme Dentifrice in 1892.
6. 60% of people above 65 years can boast of having the full set of natural teeth.
7. Hippocrates named first dentition teeth "milk teeth", as he believed that they form from milk.
8. Japanese researchers say that people who brush their teeth thrice a day less often suffer from obesity.
9. 99% of the total amount of calcium in a human body is contained in teeth.
10.The first electronic toothbrush was patented in Switzerland after the Second World War. Though the idea seemed weird to people of that time, at current, approximately 12% of people use electronic toothbrushes everyday.
More awesome stuff on QuizzClub.com:
Let's learn together! Share the article - share the knowledge!
Today we’re looking at schools that put the magic back into the learning experience – and the way they do it is extraordinary... and sometimes even dangerous.
4 signs you should be moving more 5/14/2021
Lack of movement can affect us in different ways and can even cause some long term harm. Check out 4 signs that you should start moving more.
Surprising facts about the human heart
Before humans knew anything about biology we knew the heart was essential to the human experience. Here are six facts about this amazing organ.
In this post, we're talking about 5 amazing health benefits of crying. Tears are so beneficial they can even ease physical pain! So keep reading and enjoy.