20 random facts you wouldn't come across
Well, here are the most random and yet mind-boggling facts for you! Enjoy them!
1. Trailers used to be shown after the film. This is why they're called "trailers".
2. Avocados, pumpkins, bananas and watermelons are technically berries.
3. Actually, the well-known doll Barbie has her full name. It's Barbara Millicent Roberts.
4. The Tic tac is labeled as "sugar free" though it contains sugar. They are able to get away with it as each one has less than 0.5 grams of sugar.
5. 177 147 ways to tie a neck tie have been determined by Swedish mathematics.
6. You can sweeten a pineapple by adding some salt.
7. Matches were invented 3 years after lighters.
8. Among more than 20 000 species of bees, only 7 are honey bees.
9. There is 99% of the total amount of gold inside of the Earth core.
10. In order to supply the whole world with toilet paper, 127 000 trees are chopped everyday.
11. You can fold a 0.1 millimeter sheet of paper more than 7 times.
12. Buttermilk is the liquid that remains after churning butter. It doesn't contain butter.
13. Peanuts are not nuts, they are legumes.
14. Oreos took the idea from the cookie brand "Hydrox". Though many people believe that it happened vice versa.
15. A baby rabbit can also be technically called a "kitten".
16. Strawberries are not berries from the botanic point of view. They are aggregate accessory fruits.
17. There is more gold on the Earth than platinum.
18. The chainsaw was invented for surgery: to widen the pelvis during childbirth.
19. No one knows who invented the fire hydrant as the original patent was lost in fire.
20. Invented by an Irish physician, chocolate milk was sold as medicine in the United Kingdom.
Did you know all the things mentioned? Let's know your opinion! We're waiting for your commentary!
More awesome stuff on QuizzClub.com:
- How do hurricanes get their beautiful feminine names?
- 5 popular myths about the Moon you probably believe
- The Dead Sea keeps people alive
Can you add anything to the list given? Share the article with your friends - we bet they don't know this stuff!
We've prepared 10 pics that contain small mistakes, some of which are obvious, while finding others requires a lot of patience. Will you be able to spot them all?
Is it possible to train your brain and have a good laugh at the same time? Actually that's what we're doing here on QuizzClub! Take a look at a new portion of riddles we've gathered for you – we bet the answers will definitely make you smile!
The incredible ISS is home to people whose daily routine is living and working in space. Let's explore 5 interesting facts about this amazing structure.
Have you ever seen a physical Bitcoin? Is the black box really black? And what does a mastodon look like? From the beginning to the end of this article, we bring you 5 popular things most people often hear about but never get to see.