9 meaningful quotes by Virginia Woolf
- A Room of One's Own, a legendary essay about female writers, education and literature, 1929
- Mrs Dalloway, two short stories combined into a novel about a day from the life of a high-society woman, 1925
- To the Lighthouse, a thoughtful novel about human nature that tells the story of one family, 1927
Try this quiz about iconic females if you want to know more about women who changed the world.
Virginia Woolf quotes about being an author:
Famous quotes by Virginia Woolf are an inherent part of early feminist philosophy.
Born in the end of the 19th century (1882), she became one of the first legendary women who started to openly speak about the key issues affecting females of her era.
Woolf's quote on the meaning of life:
She always knew how to put her thoughts into concise words.
And on history:
Woolf had some unpopular views on social problems: politics, gender stereotypes, women's rights and sexuality.
Famous quotes by Virginia Woolf on time:
Woolf was schooled at home, and as her father was a talented writer, passionate historian and successful literary critic, she got the best education possible.
A brilliant quote about food:
A wise saying about women's rights:
And on female authors:
Which of these famous quotes by Virginia Woolf did you like the most?
SHARE this article with your friends who love literature!
Here are pieces of Buddhist philosophy that will help you to look inside and discover the truth about yourself.
Disney characters may be strong and brave, funny and reckless but always have some interesting words to say to a viewer. See the wisest of them!
In today’s post, we would be sharing images that prove the connection between humans and animals.
How did you like these images? Leave your feedback in the comment section!
More on QuizzClub:
- fun trivia questions to test your knowledge
- hundreds of trivia quizzes to have fun and learn something new
- interesting facts about the world
The incredible pictures you're going to see below are going to inspire you – despite being 60+ years old, these people can't stop living their life to the fullest...