How large are the world's oceans?
- If all the irregularities on the earth’s surface were to be smoothed out, such that there are no more holes or dents above or below the water, then the entire earth would be filled up with water which would be 12,000 ft deep.
- The ocean contains so much salt that if you take out the salt and spread evenly on all the land of the earth, then you will have a 500 ft thick salt layer.
- Pacific Ocean is as large as all the others Atlantic, Arctic, and Indian Ocean combined together.
- Sea water contains 38 pounds of gold per cubic mile.
- Everything goes into the ocean, in the end. Oceans are the greatest sink of the planet. That means, all the sediments of rocks, all the rivers, debris with them, wind-blown dust, volcanic debris, everything.
It’s said to have a 10,000 ft of death bed of marine life’s skeletons. Below them is another bed of debris, which now is turned to rocks, due to immense pressure over the passage of time.
- You can sink the entire Mount Everest (29,0299 ft) into the Mariana Trench (deepest place on the earth - 36,200 ft).
This information was taken from Quora. Click here to view the original post.
Do you think we will ever be able to examine every single piece of ocean bottom? Does this idea seem exciting?
Have you long dreamt of traveling to Australia? Then you'll be interested to see these 10 mind-blowing pictures from there!
Ten mind-blowing landscapes
Have you ever seen a building and you are just stuck and can't seem to control your breath? I am sure you want to see these spectacular photos!
10 most beautiful aerial views ever shot
You are about to see 10 of the most beautiful aerial views ever captured!
There are many underrated countries with beautiful views and picturesque cities. Most of them are incredible cheap to live in. Let's learn about 6 such countries.